- This event has passed.
July 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
The morning session will be held at the museum.
Topics covered include how to…
* recognise common crop pest & diseases & deal with them in an environmental and sustainable way
* organise the yearly growing calendar to prevent, wherever possible pest & disease attack
* protect crops from pest & disease attack (prevention much cheaper & environmentally sustainable than cure!)
* understanding a four-year crop rotation including plant families & plant requirements
* get to grips with plant family association with pest & disease
* produce crops undercover including polytunnels, greenhouses & cold frames.
In the afternoon there will be a site visit via minibus where we will discuss and learn about growing crops under cover: polytunnel, greenhouse and cold frames. Also, fruit growing and suitable tools used.
Tutors: Patsy Dyer and Laura Skelton.
Cost: £40.00 per student.
This course is funded via the Scottish Crofting Federation as a Bitesize Skills Course.
For further information or to book a place contact: Donna on email@example.com or phone 01343 209384.