- This event has passed.
‘SLEEPY CREATURES’ HALLOWEEN NATURE TRAIL AND ACTIVITIES FOR LITTLE ONES (6 YEARS AND UNDER)
26th October 2019 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pmFREE
This event will be specifically aimed at the under 6 years of age group, offering little ones the opportunity to attend their very own ‘Halloween’ woodland event.
The event will consist of:
• A nature trail following animal footprints– All about the animals/amphibians and reptiles that are getting ready to hibernate.
• Storytelling session
• Halloween ‘squishy’ bags for little hands to explore
• Autumn Leaf identification display
• Hibernating animal ‘foods’ display
• Hands On Activities that will include:
Making a Dormouse ‘nest’ & ‘wee’ Dormouse to sleep in the nest
Making animal footprints using Salt Dough
Making Animal masks to take home (Dormouse/bat/Hedgehog..)
Making a Halloween Spider web
• Information on what to do if they disturb an animal that is hibernating and how to make areas of their garden ‘hibernation’ safe for small animals including Hedgehogs.